Compared to his Kenner counterpart, the Top Toys Chewbacca is:
- Moulded in a harder, more brittle plastic
- Shorter in height
- May have some flashing, typically on the limbs
- Has EPM marks on all limbs
- Has no peg holes in the underside of the feet
- Has an unpainted satchel
- Has paler blue eyes
- Has semi-transparent white painted eyes, teeth and bandolier
- Was packaged with a M6 bowcaster
- Has a unique COO marking “(C) LFL 77” not to be confused with family VI’s “(C) LFL 1977” *
*Chewbacca is the ONLY Top Toys figure to have a COO marking!
The figure shown on the right is unique to Top Toys. Therefore, no relative exists. A “Made In Hong Kong” COO Kenner figure has been used for the comparison below.
Poor QC often resulted in minor differences between batches.
- Poor mouldings, the example above shows a large gap between the torso halves.
The second and third photos demonstrate the amount of work done retooling or “enhancing” the fur sculpt on the limbs. You will notice that the torso sculpt didn’t require any reworking as the parts are almost identical.
SIMILARITIES TO GLASSLITE: Although easy to tell apart both South American licensees (Glasslite/Brazil & Top Toys/Argentina) somehow managed to produce Chewbacca figures with similar traits.
- Unpainted satchels (Some Kenner figures can be found with unpainted satchels but these should be considered factory errors)
- Parents COO’s with no Country of Origin
Compared to the Kenner bowcaster, the Top Toys accessory is:
- A completely unique sculpt
- A blue/green colour
- Although it may look semi-transparent by eye, against a back light it’s solid in colour
The Top Toys Chewbacca came with a blue/green v4 bowcaster and is compared to standard Kenner accessory below.
- Both bowcasters float when placed or dropped in water